- “be an open space for theological reflection and exploration
- ask questions which deepen and challenge us, and move us forward
- 'fly kites'
- live the tensions that arise in spirituality
- listen and respond to the people the churches do not meet - both inside and outside the churches.”
- The unity of the ineffable and immanent divine – the guiding intelligence behind evolutionary process and the energy of the universe itself
- Pantheism / Panentheism – replacing a transcendent, patriarchal view of God
- Mysticism and the divine feminine – using symbol and liturgy, encounter with nature and celebration of the feminine in God
- The sacralisation of nature – affirmation of the material and nature / life as participation in divinity
- The sacralisation of the self – as a manifestation of the divine – with human consciousness derived from the supra-consciousness of the “All”.
- Understandings of Religion – as culturally and historically bound and thus metaphorical – enabling a growing spirit of ‘ecumenism’
- The deeper cultural roots of progressive spirituality show underlying coherence, reflecting adaptation to modernism, liberalism and welcome insights in quantum physics and cosmic ‘unfolding’.
 The Big Silence: http://www.beunos.com/bigsilence.htm
 Reshaping Christianity: Mysticism, Spirituality and Global Faith – by John Hetherington
A reflection on emerging spirituality and its implications for Christianity and all global religions.
 Marcus Borg’s and Eley McAinsh’s lectures can be ordered from the CRC website: http://www.stmarkscrc.co.uk/resources/shop---cds-and-books
 See my Blog: http://progressivespirituality.blogspot.com/